Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My powers of pyrokinesis are astounding

Last night I was started smelling smoke and then heard sirens. Looking outside my bedroom window I saw this (a firetruck setting up a ladder reaching to the roof. I was later joined by a few others):


Since I moved to the current apartment I've been willing this building, which is an auto-body repair shop, to burn down or move to France or otherwise just stop making so damned much noise outside my bedroom window so early in the morning. So as I was watching smoke pour out of the windows, I couldn't help but feel guilty for willing this to happen so many times. I later found out that it was arson and there's an investigation looking into insurance fraud, so I think I'm off the hook.

I woke up Faith who was staying in my living room and who was oblivious to the whole thing. She didn't believe that there was a fire until I made her get up and look outside. She responded by going back to bed and falling alseep, despite the sirens, chainsaws, calls from neighbours and shouts from firefigthers. The whole thing wrapped up at about 5:00 AM.

If anything else that's been pissing me off burns down, we'll know that maybe I'm like that girl in "Carrie". I think she was called Carrie or something.

1 Comments:

At 10:33 p.m., Blogger glomgold said...

Guilt-free and you got to see that hated building burn down. If it's a power I'll pay you to teach me (that is if I had any money). There's a certain neighbor's dog I wouldn't mind seeing afire. And if that's too mean then I wouldn't mind seeing that dog's owner's house ablaze. You'll have to let me know what your range is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home