Friday, March 24, 2006

it's been a while

Hello blog. How was your day?

Mine has been pretty sweet in some aspects:
-I am being taken out for a 10 course dinner in a few hours for a friend’s birthday (though I hope we’ll be able to pay our own meal as there’s something wrong with paying for 10 people’s dinner on your own birthday)
-I had a lavish free lunch at work
-I won a $10 gift certificate to a coffee shop
-I got paid to watch a really good film called This Beggar’s Description. (find it at www.nfb.ca)

It’s about Philip Tétrault who everyone who has spent any time in Le Plateau will probably recognize as the homeless guy with the pan flute. He “has been locked up in jails and psych wards, kicked out of the house by desperate friends and family and spent long periods living on the streets of Montreal. However, he is also a talented writer and loving father whose deep family bonds and friendships have helped him come through periods of incredible darkness brought on by his schizophrenia” It turns out he’s friends with Leonard Cohen, who is also in the movie. Cohen’s compassion for Phil just bumped him up a few places in my pretend-boyfriend roster. I would highly recommend this movie. The lovely shots of Montreal alone make the film.

But not everything is peachy keen in Lizland. I found out this morning that my student loan repayment letter wasn’t wrong. It turns out I wasn’t eligible for a bursary so now I owe an extra 2 large. Ouch.
Also, I apparently I may be schizophrenic.

Because I am a DSM-IV nerd, I found this test for schizophrenia: http://www.schizophrenia.com/sztest/survey.php

I just tried it and it says I may have schizophrenia and should be screened by a mental health professional. As someone with a professional degree who works in mental health, I’m pretty sure this is a false positive, but time will have to tell. Maybe I’m just prodomal or experiencing perceptual abnormalities. I certainly have barely slept since I’ve managed to keep the St. Patrick’s Day party vibe going until now, a week later.

And now off to go stuff myself full of 10 courses of Chinese food.

2 Comments:

At 1:46 a.m., Blogger glomgold said...

I guess I'll have to keep an eye open on your posts in the future to see if they start devolving into some bizarre rambling conspiracist craziness.
Enjoy that meal, sounds awesome.

 
At 7:50 a.m., Blogger I am the lizard queen said...

Well here I am, years later, back in school and once again using this blog as a tool for procrastination. Unlike the elaborate posts I wrote in my 20s, I think I'll actually finish my paper first this time.

p.s. I'm pretty confident that the schizophrenia test was a bit flawed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home