Thursday, May 19, 2005

"Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they will never cease to be amused"

It turns out that the human body does actually require sleep. I would like to know why mine has stopped responding to this need. The results have been pretty funny. I thought it wasn't even affecting me until yesterday when I:
  • Left in the morning without shoes on (and took about a minute to notice)
  • Later, after about 6 shots of yummy espresso served by a yummy boy, I left my place to drop off a plant, without actually taking the plant with me.
  • Upon realizing this I went back inside my apartment building to get the plant and tried to take the elevator to the appropriate floor.
  • Despite pushing the button for the fourth floor, I followed some lady off the elevator on the third floor.
  • Walked into the wrong apartment. It's the one right below me and it seems that they too leave their door unlocked. I figured it out before anyone in there noticed.
  • After having dropped off the plant and taken forever to pick a place to eat (sorry 'bout that) I got on the wrong metro line on my way home.

Tomorrow I hand in my application for the job at the memory clinic of the psych hospital. If I get that job I will have far too much in common with my clients. I'm going to give myself an hour to try to fall asleep. If it doesn't work I'm just going to have to smoke a bowl, though that might not do much for the short term memory problems.

1 Comments:

At 1:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

(1) Sorry my insomnia is contagious.
(2) Your short-term memory will improve once you start to sleep again.
(3) No worries on the indecisiveness.
(4) The plant is muchly appreciated, and needs to remain out of reach, lest if be gobbled entirely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home