Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sunday night

Things in my life haven't been going particularly well for the last few weeks, but I'm hoping they'll get better soon.

I've been thinking a lot about the way my life is going. Today while playing some Scrabble I was reminded of some words by my main man, T.S. Eliot:

"Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

For I have known them all already, known them all:—
Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
I know the voices dying with a dying fall
Beneath the music from a farther room.
So how should I presume?"


In case your highschool English teacher sucked or you otherwise never read it, check out the rest of "The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock" at http://www.bartleby.com/198/1.html

Many thanks to everyone who's putting up with my shit right now. Y'all are the greatest.

3 Comments:

At 6:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did I miss that TSE (the poet, not the stock exchange) struck during Scrabble?

Anyway... your post reminded me that I need to start work on the Scrabble story. (How could I forget? What with the waxing anus...)

 
At 10:08 p.m., Blogger Sofi said...

I heart your very much.

 
At 10:09 p.m., Blogger Sofi said...

I heart YOU very much, too.

Damnit!

Proofread next time, Sofi! IDIOT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home