Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Easiest $70 I ever made

Whoa - I made $70 today just by lying on my back and not moving! I even got to lie back and think of England.

I was doing an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) study. I had to keep perfectly still for 2 hours while magnets loudly whirled around my head inside a very claustrophobia-inducing machine that looks like this:



There were some computer tasks to do, for which they mounted a mirror in front of my head and fed a keypad into the machine. For other parts I just had to lie very still. It wasn't so bad, since I think I fell asleep during one of those. While this was a great way to make a quick buck, it's sad that people who need MRI's done for brain tumors and aneurysms and the like have to wait several months. "Canadian universal health care" I can think of at least two things wrong with that phrase.

I'm told I'll be e-mailed a picture of my brain sometime soon. Fuckin' A.

2 Comments:

At 7:10 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very incredibly unfair that of all the many MRI studies being done right now, I can't participate in any of them. Reasons for disclusion have included the following:

I'm not right-handed. I haven't had an MRI within the past year. I'm gay. I know more than one language. I'm not the right age.

Gah. I want to make money lying on my back! (Er, in a non-sexual way, of course.)

 
At 12:41 a.m., Blogger glomgold said...

A nice picture of my brain would possibly be worth me paying them $70. Unless it turned out looking like a peanut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home