Sunday, November 06, 2005

They only come out at night..and on public transit















Yeah, we are dressed up and drunk. I want to wear fishnets every day. The skeleton on my right agrees.


But Cruella DeVille is a pretty fun look too. Not pictured is my one dalmatian.

Halloween is such an interesting time. Why do we let our inhibitions down so much?
Do we think that our costumes disguise us much more than they really do? Does the "fall back" to standard time screw up our circadian rythms and give us the illusion that it's always night and therefore one unending party? Or is it all the candy and liquor? What's up, Dead-James-Dean-Guy?

I witnessed some of the best random interactions recently. Was Hallowe'en the culprit?

Child on the bus: MOMMMY I WAAAANT IT? WAUUUUGHHHHH WAGHHHHH AUGHHH!
Mother: shhhh! calm down, you can have it later
Child: But I want it NOOOOOOOWWWW! WAUGHHHH!
Some random woman sitting in a nearby seat: stop it. Stop it! STOP IT! TU M'ENNERVES!!!
Child: (silence)
Mother: (giving the other woman the hairiest eyeball I have ever seen, when really she whould have been thanking her) there, there.
Everyone else on the bus: tee-hee

I also enjoyed the random guy in some sort of purple ceremonial robes. They looked just like the stonecutter robes from that episode of the Simpsons, only with no discernible insignia. Also it was about a week after Halloween, which seems a little late for a costume party. Robes-man got off at my stop and walked off briskly, followed by a drunk woman and me. His robes were flapping about in the wind and the drunk woman yelled at him "whheeeee.... just like a bird"(she made bird flying mothions with her arms and indicated that she was talking about his robes. He responded with an earnest "thank you."

1 Comments:

At 1:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why I couldn't proofread back then. [found my old blog and am having some fun rereading it]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home