Monday, November 08, 2004

From the belly of the beast

I'm in Cabridge, Mass, at the moment, usurping Andrew's computer for my nefarious purposes.

I've been bellyaching about America a lot lately, but now that I'm here, I just don't want to think about it anymore. I think it's rage burnout. Or maybe learned helplessness. I think there's only so much fist shaking and teeth gnashing one can really do before giving up. Also my stomach is starting to hurt whenever I get worked up about this stuff, so I'm just going to live in a deluded little bubble for a while and pretend that everything will turn out fine.

Some peeps were handing out pamplets outside of Harvard yesterday for Lyndon Larouche, who lost the democratic nominiation to Kerry. They're doing a webcast tomorrow, Nov 9th at 1:00 EST on www.larouchepac.com about how W. will blow up the US and world economies. Check it out.

Oh, for those of you who want to save a Yankee from Bush land, check out www.marryanamerican.ca. Though I think it's meant as a joke, you never know what nice left-wing Yankee folk you might meet. I'm off to meet mine now. Andrew goes to Mass. College of Pharmacy in Boston and will be done class for the day soon. I like to get there early to try to steal all the oxycontin and methadone they have lying around. No luck so far, but maybe today's my lucky day.